Thursday, August 2, 2007

Preseason Charity Challenge

Got our first challenge for the Football-Along and I'm well on my way to making sure that teddy bear is warm! I'll be knitting a sweater, hat and scarf for a teddy bear that will be given to a child for Cubs For Kids. I had been looking for charities to knit for and this one had missed my eye but I'm glad I know about it now. I have way to much yarn (from a garage sale) that is good for something like this (it's all acrylic).

The first set will be in 49ers colors and I've already completed half of the back of the sweater. This is the first sweater I've ever done so I'm thinking it will be a good practice run before I get enough guts to start my own sweater. I have until August 31st so I think I'm doing alright so far--just gotta find a few extra minutes to put some stitches on my other projects!!

Pictures of the niners sweater will be coming soon.

1 comment:

white oak studio said...

Hi Kris, thanks for entering my contest! I LOVE (love) the movie Die Hard, even the part where Bruce has to walk on all that glass with bare feet :-)

Jana