Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Sock Problems

I had to frog my entire second sock last night...it was sad. I had that thing on my needles for two months and I finally was able to work on it and what do I do? In the words of Knitty D and the City--it was FAST and WRONG! I was on a roll and thought I was going to cast off by this weekend until I noticed last night that my heel was a bit short--not a bit, a lot short. After checking out my pattern, I realized that I only had made the heel flap 1/4" instead of 2 and 1/4" inch--so not cool. I frogged back to the heel and decided to go the whole length since I kinda stink at picking up stitches. Looking on the bright side: I could use the extra practice...

1 comment:

Piglottie said...

Ouch! I thought frogging 6 rows and a picot edge was bad enough tonight, but now realise that was nothing. I used to find picking up stitches a nightmare but it gets easier with practise. I find a crochet hook really helps too.