Thursday, October 22, 2009

Spinning fun

Yesterday I spent some time spinning a beautiful superwash merino roving in the colorway Black Coffee. I received it from my sister for my birthday and it's a joy to spin! Even though I LOVE knitting with alpaca, I think I enjoy spinning merino more than anything else (but to be fair I haven't spun much else except for other merino blends). Pictures to come...hopefully.

Halloween is just around the corner and what better way to celebrate than a vampire film. Here's a great article on a film every vamp lover will enjoy. Thanks to Joss Whedon I'm a big fan of the pointy-fanged genre (even though everything has gotten a bit out of hand thanks to Twilight) and I want everyone to see Let the Right One In. Even it you are not a lover of foreign films this one is worth watching because it really is that good.

In knitting, the Fake Isle Hat from my handspun is complete-hooray! Still plugging along on the cable felted bag for my sister--7.5" out of 20" done. I think I can, I think I can.

No comments: